Q& Some sort of: THE COLLEGE COOKING PROCESS Yesterday evening, I was a guest in #CollegeCash talk on Forums discussing faculty preparation the online means that are available for parents of the teens and learners. Since certainly not everyone can attend these shows or will be active on Twitter, I thought it may be nice to express the problems and solutions here on this is my blog.
Question: When ever do mother and father start the group prep approach?
- Ideally make sure you start dealing with your college student about the value of an education once they start education and amp it up within middle college.
- 9th class students have to pay close attention to training course selection signing up for AP influences classes, maths and discipline.
- 9th graders should also start looking for that JUST ONE extracurricular workout to concentrate on in high school.
Query: What do the truth is as the parent’s role inside the college prepare process?
- Dads and moms should allow the student ‘drive the car’ but complement as a passenger/guide
- Parents might help with organization and gentle reminders regarding deadlines
- Parents ought to be there meant for advice, assistance and problems but no longer take control of practise
Question: Just what exactly online tools do you recommend for looking at colleges side-by-side?
- I love Zinch because you can make a profile, check colleges and start matched w/colleges and scholarship grants http://www.zinch.com
- You should utilize the College Board’s tool to compare colleges in the process http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/index.jsp
- A lot more sites are usually: http://www.collegeview.com/index.jsp & http://www.collegexpress.com/ & http://www.cappex.com & http://www.collegeconfidential.com
Subject: What on the internet tools do you recommend to get test preparation?